Tuesday, April 12, 2016

God's Faithfulness

God has never once failed. Pretty amazing thought, huh? Not one time has he ever made a mistake, accidentally let something go awry, misspoken, or forgot to pick his child up at school, burnt the chicken, said things in unrighteous anger, ran over a squirrel in the road, bombed a test in school, let a curve ball get the better of him in the box, slipped on some gravel, gotten the wrong present for someone at Christmas, absolutely...never...failed. Can you even imagine one of us making it through our week without failing someone or something somewhere? How about perfection for a year? How about perfection for a lifetime; at your funeral, they would say, he never made a mistake. Whatever. Watch the video above, as a pre-reminder to my word of testimony.

I was reminded of God's faithfulness this week, even in my wavering faith. Things that were supposed to come through, fell through. Then those things were replaced with even better things in a really spectacular, 'never would have believed it' way. We literally wept at God's awesome workings yesterday. The icing on top of the cake is that what we thought completely fell apart, might not be all the way dead! I know that was probably confusing, and I wish I could tell you more specifics, but I can't; the depravity of man would be put on display, even though God would be glorified.

"Your faithfulness endures to all generations," -Psalm 119:90. So, just know that God is FAITHFUL, all the time! I guess I felt a little like the disciples who heard "O, you of little faith" several times. In retrospect, I suppose I will feel like Job, crushing defeat, then greater restoration. I guess I should have been like the man in Mark 9:24 who said, "I believe, but help my unbelief."

I don't know what you may be going through, but maybe to the few people who read this blog, it will be an encouragement. God is faithful! In suffering, in pain, in loss, in need, in sickness, in health, in wealth, on the mountain tops, in the valleys, in darkness, in light, He is faithful! Just because we can see or think of a reason for God's working, does not mean there is not one. He is sovereign, He is good, and He is purposeful. And He is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment