Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sharing Life IV

I asked permission to post the contents of an email that one of my triad members sent me. He agreed, and thus this maybe the best testimony to their effectiveness; at least to God's work in our lives...

"You know when I started out, we agreed to do this just to get the "Preacher" off our backs and on to someone else. We figured we could get the hour down to about 30 minutes a meeting. Do our time and get it over with. BOY was I wrong. One hour is not really enough. I did not know I had such a desire and such hunger for Gods word until now. My whole life has changed. I only wish I would have had someone to direct me to a Triad the day after I got saved. Instead I starting my walk in Christ alone. I struggled for a long time because I did not understand a lot or how to get started. Because you didn't give up and talked me into doing the Triad, I have so much to be thankful for. Because of the Triad I no longer look at my pastor and my friend in the same manner. I look at them as close friends in Christ. Someone who will be there if I ever need to be picked up. Someone I have have a lot of confidence and trust in. True brothers in Christ. I have learned and grown so much in my relationship. My wife will tell you I am not a reader, but this is one book I can not put down. I am in it almost every day. I'm even excited about starting it over from the front with a new group just to get to go back through the book again. I feel like you can ask the hidden questions that you hide in the back of your mind and together figure out the answer without being embarrassed or looked at funny because you didn't already know the answer. It may be different with the others, but I have been truly blessed. Finally, you come away feeling like, now you are being equipped to make disciples as God has called us to do. Proverbs 27:17 ...... Iron sharpens Iron, and one man sharpens another."

God has truly blessed us!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment