Wednesday, January 3, 2018

It's Been A While

It has been more than a year since I have blogged. Most of you have not missed it, some of you now will read my blog for the first time. I also stopped journaling, and probably several other things that I used to have time to do, this year I didn't (or at least it was a good excuse). This year was a year that I probably should have been writing and journaling the most, so that I could gain from the twists and turns that we've experienced. I would not say that this has been the most difficult year we've ever had, because it hasn't, but it certainly has been different.

Lots of different. I could write really extended accounts of all the major things that happened, but I have forgotten so much of the small, but bright, examples of God's faithfulness. I have learned so much from the difficulty we've faced, but God has been constantly, providentially present in our lives, even if we couldn't see it. If you have questions, please feel free to email me. Or if you only know parts of stories, and we can shed more light upon, or share more fully now, please call, email, or text.

However, for now, let's just make a long story short. I feel like I am doing what God wants me to do, in the place where he wants me to do it. It has finally come to pass, that which we have prayed for, and that which God has ordained. It's like something you know theologically, but experience in reality, and it's altogether different. God is sovereign, and works all things after the counsel of his will, not violating the genuine volition, but bringing about all things by his design for his glory.

I intend to start blogging again for both of you who read it. Thanks for all of you who prayed for and supported us through a tough year!

No comments:

Post a Comment